Wisdom Tooth Extractions – Lake Nona Region
Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, typically grow in between the ages 16 and 25. Some people aren’t born with any, while others can have one, two, three, or four of them. Whether we recommend extracting them depends on what risks they pose to your oral health down the road. If you’re between 16 and 25 and aren’t sure whether you have wisdom teeth or if they need to be removed, visit our dental office today for a checkup to learn more about wisdom tooth extractions in the Lake Nona Region.
Why Choose Lake Nona Dental Group for Wisdom Tooth Extractions?
- Experienced & Knowledgeable Dentists
When is Wisdom Tooth Extraction Really Necessary?
Here are a few cases in which we may recommend removing wisdom teeth:
- They’re impacted below the gumline.
- They’re only partially emerged.
- They could cause orthodontic problems if they’re allowed to grow in.
- There’s not enough room in the jaw for them to grow in.
- You’re experiencing severe pain.
- They could lead to infections of the soft tissue in your mouth.
- They could increase your risk of developing gum disease or other oral problems down the road.
- The sacs that they’re grown in could result in cysts forming that could cause damage to the jawbone.